First the information you really want to know;
- iPhone update 2.0 and public SDK will be released in June.
- iPhone Beta SDK released today for $99.
- iFund by KPCB VC worth $100,000,000 to be invested into the iPhone dev community.
Now on to the more nitty gritty details.
- Exchange Support; Email, Cal, Directory
- Cisco IPsec VPN
- Cocoa Touch is how to build iPhone applications
- With the SDK you can debug your plugged in iPhone
- iPhone simulator also in the SDK
- Ability to program against OpenGL, 3D
- EA built a version of Will Wrights SPORE
- Sega creating real 3D console games for iPhone
- Aol IM client for the phone (ability to use bonjour for connections, imagine meeting people on the train around you)
- Access to the iPhones Database SQLite
- Applications delivered and updated over WiFi or Edge using the AppStore provided by Apple.
I will have more details later… See you soon.
Message to Steve Jobs:
Did you wake up one morning and while having your morning Starbucks mocha choca lata yaya decide that it was the perfect day to crumble the once powerful enterprise mobile communication solution known as Rim/Blackberry. If this was how your decision was made then my hat is off to you. Well played Jobs, well played.